Why You’re Needed
Following a period of rapid growth in container sales, S Jones Containers is looking for a Sales Administrator to provide administrative support for an incredibly busy and high-performing Sales and Hire department, helping them process large numbers of enquiries on time, every time.
The Ideal Candidate
While this is a support role, it is crucial to the success of the Sales team and wider business. With high volumes of enquiries to be processed every day, you will be the administrative backbone that ensures customers orders are met on-time and on-budget.
As a result, we are looking for someone who:
- Is driven and switched-on, with excellent attention to detail
- Is process-driven and able to quickly learn new processes and follow them flawlessly
- Proudly maintains a consistently high standard of work and can work well under pressure
- This is particuarly important as this industry is sensitive to admin errors, which may create anything from excess transport costs to reduced profit margins for the business
- Can manage multiple deadlines and be adjust as necessary to shifting priorities from the sales team
- For example, you may be expected to pause a task or process halfway through to support the Sales team on more pressing priorities, then pick up where you left off without missing anything
What We’re Offering
In addition to a salary of £21-23k (DoE), this role will see you work closely with both an incredibly friendly team and Line Manager who will personally oversee your development in the role.
At S Jones Containers, we`re proud of the investment we make in our employees and prefer to hire internally via promotion when possible. So, you can rest assured that you’ll be given everything you need to develop your career at a company that`s been around for over a century.
Your Administrative Responsibilities
- To work in conjunction with the Sales staff to ensure all sales enquiries are dealt with professionally and completely to their conclusion.
- To take and deal with telephone calls and email enquiries, as necessary and within ability to do so, relating to container sales and hire, or other areas as required.
- To prepare and send quotations and follow up as necessary.
- To control the filing of all sales and hire documentation.
- Following receipt of customer orders to organise, and be responsible for, the operations of delivery/collection of sales and hire containers/conversions, including preparation of documentation and liaising with customer, suppliers and other areas of the company to ensure successful delivery of goods and services to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- To maintain the list for work required on sales containers and keep appropriate parties notified of all changes.
- To post all entries on the ‘overnight’ reports appropriately.
- To support the Accounts Department as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties if able, as requested, e.g. supporting other staff positions either day to day or in holiday/absence situations.
- To always seek to increase knowledge about the business the Company carries out.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- To observe and adhere to all Health and Safety at Work Laws and Company Rules and Policies.
- To maintain a consistently high level of work quality.
- To work in an efficient and effective manner and achieve agreed targets and goals.
- To complete all work accurately, completely and in timely fashion.
- To be self motivated and positive thinking, working as part of the team within the company as a whole.
- To be aware of our customer’s needs and expectations and that all actions internally and externally lead to resultant good or poor customer service.
- To be an example of professionalism when representing the Company in any situation.
To apply for this role, either fill out the form and attach your CV below, or send your CV to email@example.com, stating “Sales Administrator” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!