This position, based at our Midlands shipping container depot in Aldridge, Walsall is working for an established family business that has an excellent reputation both in its local area and within the shipping container industry.
The company has traded within the UK shipping container marketplace since its inception in the 70s and continues to thrive with depots now all around the country. S Jones Containers are a market-leading brand in the world of shipping containers offering sales, hire, bespoke conversions, depot services, and self-storage.
Why You’re Needed
Following a phenomenal financial year which saw significant growth the company now needs further administrative support for the Depot.
This exciting opportunity will give the successful candidate the chance to use their exceptional skills in organisation, communication, documentation and administration to be rewarded with an excellent basic salary.
You would be joining a very successful business, contributing significantly to its ongoing expansion through your naturally organised, efficient and reliable approach whilst also gaining the opportunity to grow your own skills.
This is a permanent role with a salary of £28,000 (DoE)
- To administrate the Depot function of the business and achieve all goals and targets set.
- To maximise the profitable sales which also uphold requirements for quality, professionalism and fair trading as the Company would want to be perceived.
- To maintain the safe, secure, professional and compliant operation of the Depot facility (including the operations of all sub-contractors and visiting contractors) and maintaining consideration of all stakeholders.
- To always attempt to control costs incurred within the activities of the Depot function of the business both applying to container stock (customer/Company owned), tools, parts, plant, equipment, yard, running of the business, customer facilities, and equipment.
- To help manage all stocks (customer/Company owned) in the Depot.
- To respond to all enquiries in a timely and professional manner which will maximise our opportunity to supply to the customer and to follow each enquiry to its conclusion.
- To help safely manage all visitors to the Company premises.
- To follow (and improve, wherever possible)the processes and procedures within the function which will allow all objectives to be met.
- To keep all information, records and data and associated systems within the Depot function of the business in accordance with GDPR 2018.
- To record and report key performance information as deemed necessary or requested.
- To maintain the accurate and efficient operation of all Depot customers’ including quoting, invoicing, stock management and communications.
- To carry out any other duties if capable, as requested, e.g. supporting other staff positions either day to day or in holiday/absence situations.
- To always seek to increase knowledge about the business the Company carries out.
- To undertake any training as reasonably requested by the company.
- To observe and adhere to all Health and Safety at Work Laws and Company Rules and Policies, the requirements of ISO9001;2015, Employment Rights Act 1996, GDPR 2018 and IICL6.
- To strive for the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Mission and Goals, and live by the Core Values whilst representing the Company in any situation.
- To administer all of the operations of the Depot function of the business.
- To be customer focused and be aware that all actions internally and externally have an effect on the customer’s perception of the Company.
- To actively build and maintain strong, customer focussed, professional relationships with all stakeholders, in all situations both within the business and externally.
- To maintain a consistently high level of work quality including working efficiently, productively and in an effective manner.
- To be self-motivated and a positive thinker, working as part of the team and within the Company as a whole.
- Uphold requirements for quality, professionalism and fair trading as S. Jones Containers Ltd would want to be perceived.
- To follow all the processes and procedures within the business as detailed in the QMS
- To complete all work accurately, completely and in timely fashion
- To use Company owned equipment in a responsible and legal manner and to follow all Company instructions relating to such equipment and its usage.
To apply for this role, either fill out the form and attach your CV below, or send your CV to email@example.com, stating “Depot Co-ordinator” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not possible for us to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, your application has been unsuccessful.
We look forward to hearing from you!