Following a period of rapid growth in container sales, our sister company, U Can Store It is looking for a Self Store Sales and Administration person who will be responsible for sales, customer service and administration of self storage, including co-ordination and monitoring of site security.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- To observe and adhere to all Health and Safety at Work Laws and Company Rules and Policies and the requirements of ISO9001;2015, Employment Rights Act 1996 and GDPR 2018.
- To strive for the Company’s Vision, Mission and goals, and live by the Core Values whilst representing the Company in any situation.
- To maintain a consistently high level of work quality including working efficiently, productively and in an effective manner.
- To be self-motivated and a positive thinker, working as part of the team within the Company as a whole.
- Uphold requirements for quality, professionalism and fair trading as S. Jones Containers would want to be perceived, and to follow each enquiry to its conclusion.
- To be aware of our customer’s needs and expectations and that all actions internally and externally have an effect on the customer’s perception of the Company.
- To be an example of professionalism when representing the Company in any situation.
- To actively build and maintain strong, customer focussed, professional relationships in all situations, both within the business and externally.
- To use Company owned equipment in a responsible and legal manner and to follow all Company instructions relating to such equipment and its usage.
- To follow all the processes and procedures within the business as detailed in the QMS.
Main Duties and Tasks
- To ensure all sales enquiries are dealt with promptly, professionally and completely to their conclusion.
- To maximise the Company’s profit from the rental of units/space/vehicles and the sale of insurance and accessories and also achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- To take and deal with telephone calls, email enquiries and personal visits relating to self-storage at Aldridge site, or if required, any other Company site, while converting all possible enquiries into sales.
- To actively seek opportunities to build relationships and promote the site and the Company in the locality (including visiting prospective customers/business partners were practical/possible).
- To ensure the safe, secure, effective and professionalism of the facility and yourself at all times.
- To understand and fully explain all the Terms and Conditions of the Self Storage Rental Agreement, accurately complete the same and gain the customer’s agreement.
- To fully explain the rules of use of the site including deposits, opening hours, insurance, site gate etc. to all customers.
- Accurately complete all customer details on all relevant computer systems and subsequently keep updated and correctly file all customer documentation.
- To gain and check all required Customer Identity Documents and Vehicle proof of ownership and insurance.
- To accurately and efficiently manage all customer accounts and the use of the site including raising of invoices, statements, taking payments, chasing debts, gate usage, security and alarm system monitoring,
- To carry out any other duties if able, as requested, e.g. supporting other staff positions either day to day or in holiday/absence situations.
- To always seek to increase knowledge about the business the Company carries out.
- To work overtime as reasonably required.
To apply for this role, either fill out the form and attach your CV below, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Self Store Sales and Administration” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!