40ft Containers For Sale From S Jones
We sell new and great quality second hand 40ft containers, the largest standard size available, ideal for shipping, providing secure storage, and as a basis for large conversion projects.
Our expert team of friendly advisers is on hand to support you in choosing the right storage containers for your requirements.
All of our new one trip and second‐hand 40ft containers for sale are suitable for a range of applications, and available for nationwide delivery. Our range of 40ft containers are all structurally sound, with working doors and heavy-duty flooring.
We also stock 40ft high cube shipping containers, which are available here. For full specifications, including 40ft container external dimensions, internal dimensions and cubic capacity, please see below.
Cargo door at one end.
This is the familiar double door configuration with both opening from the middle.
Cargo doors at both ends.
Sometimes you need access from both ends of a container. This can either be a single/personnel, double (cargo), or combination.
Opening on their longest side.
Side opening containers allow easier loading of large items and are best suited to site storage of bulky items, for exhibiting or use as a stall.
Protect your padlock and container with our patented Contain-A-Lock’® Padlock Protector Shroud.
Enhance your container’s security with our CISA container padlocks.
Enhance your container with tamper proof, high security container windows fitted prior to spec before delivery.
Make accessing your container more convenient with high security personnel doors.
Compartmentalise your container with varied partition options for multiple uses.
Flexible options, professional finish, long lasting and durable.
Add louvres, moisture traps or anti condensation coating (Grafotherm).
We can clad your container to your specification.
Self assembly or built-in options.
Improve accessibility with duruable, heavy duty ramps.
Timber Panel Lined
Helps to prevent condensation.
Electrics with Single Phase
Basic small power, single pahse electronics typically includes external connection, RCD board, light(s) etc to meet your requirements.
Electrics 3 Phase Options
Provide your power requirements and we will spec to suit.
Things To Know About Our 40ft Containers
Heavy‐duty flooring combined with a 40ft steel container load capacity of up to 66 cubic meters.
Get the most from your 40ft storage containers with a range of additional accessories that improve; security, access, storage capacity, condensation control and increase your containers wind and watertight properties.
We can supply large quantities of 40ft shipping containers for self‐storage sites nationwide.
Features Of Our 40ft Containers
- Welded all‐steel construction except for the floors which are made of load‐bearing 30mm marine‐plywood over steel floor bearers.
- Two weather‐sealed steel doors at one end.
- Freestanding, self‐contained units.
- Lifting points at each corner
Why Buy One of Our 40ft Shipping Containers For Sale?
- We are based in the West Midlands, with depots available nationwide.
- All new 40ft shipping containers are supplied with a valid CSC plate. This means they are valid for shipping for up to 5 years.*
- Constructed to the standards set by the International Standards Organisation (ISO) of size, strength and durability.
- The largest standard shipping container available, weatherproof, wind and watertight, and highly secure.
*Please note that second‐hand containers may require inspection and re‐certification to renew the CSC plate for shipping.
40ft Shipping Containers For Conversion
- Our 40ft Containers can be adapted and converted for various applications.
- Our in‐house Conversions Team can design and modify 40ft containers into; industrial enclosures, refrigerated containers, insulated containers, modular buildings, office containers, exhibition displays, container housing, changing rooms and more.
- We also offer a large range of container accessories such as lockboxes, shelving systems and container padlocks to ensure that your storage and shipping containers are safe and secure at all times.
- Find out more about our container conversions and container painting ‐ including our 3D CAD service.
|Floor Area||305sqft (28.33m²)|
|Cubic Capacity||2360 cu ft (66.83m³)|
|Weight||4 tons (4.06 tonnes)|
|Height||8ft 6ins (2.59m)|
|Length||39ft 4ins (12.00m)|
|Width||7ft 7ins (2.33m)|
|Height||7ft 9ins (2.35m)|
40ft Container FAQ’s
What fits in a 40ft container?
A 40ft shipping container can hold the household goods of a 3 bedroom apartment. This includes the contents of rooms, as well as larger appliances such as, bath fixtures, washing machines, a piano, extra mattresses and more should all comfortably fit in the 305 square feet of storage space.
How much space do I need for a 40ft container delivery?
You will require a minimum width of 15ft to access the site and approx. 24ft for offloading (plus the width of the container). Our 40ft containers are offloaded to the side of the vehicle so make sure you calculate the amount of space required for delivery ahead of purchasing your container.
How much does a 40ft container weigh?
The empty weight of a 40ft container is 4 tons.
Join 10,000+ Happy Customers
Join the thousands of satisfied customers who choose S Jones for our high quality containers and leading customer service.Get Your Quote
Marie – Review#7521575
Extremely happy with the service we received dealt with quickly and efficiently would definitely recommendMarie - 4th Feb 2020
Ady – Review#4942696
will solve our storage problemAdy - 7th Nov 2018
Daniel D – Review#775733
Best prices offered in local area and good service and prompt deliveryDaniel D - 3rd Mar 2015
Adrian L – Review#682773
All sorted with a minimum fuss and successfully delivered whilst I was out of the country!Adrian L - 19th Jan 2015