40ft Containers To Order From S Jones
The largest standard container size available, we sell new and great quality second hand 40ft containers, ideal for shipping, providing secure storage, and as the basis for large conversion projects.
Our expert team of friendly advisers is on hand to support you in choosing the right storage containers for your requirements.
All new one trip and second‐hand 40ft containers for sale at S Jones are suitable for a range of applications and available for nationwide delivery.
We also stock 40ft high cube shipping containers, available here. For full specifications, including 40ft container external dimensions, internal dimensions and cubic capacity, see below.
Cargo door at one end.
This is the familiar double door configuration with both opening from the middle.
Cargo doors at both ends.
Sometimes you need access from both ends of a container. This can either be a single/personnel, double (cargo), or combination.
Opening on their longest side.
Side opening containers allow easier loading of large items and are best suited to site storage of bulky items, for exhibiting or use as a stall.
Protect your padlock and container with our patented Contain-A-Lock’® Padlock Protector Shroud.
Enhance your container’s security with our CISA container padlocks.
Enhance your container with tamper proof, high security container windows fitted prior to spec before delivery.
Make accessing your container more convenient with high security personnel doors.
Compartmentalise your container with varied partition options for multiple uses.
Flexible options, professional finish, long lasting and durable.
Add louvres, moisture traps or anti condensation coating (Grafotherm).
We can clad your container to your specification.
Self assembly or built-in options.
Improve accessibility with duruable, heavy duty ramps.
Timber Panel Lined
Helps to prevent condensation.
Electrics with Single Phase
Basic small power, single pahse electronics typically includes external connection, RCD board, light(s) etc to meet your requirements.
Electrics 3 Phase Options
Provide your power requirements and we will spec to suit.
Things To Know About Our 40ft Shipping Containers
Heavy‐duty flooring combined with a 40ft steel container load capacity of up to 66 cubic meters.
Get the most from your 40ft storage containers with a range of additional accessories that improve; security, access, storage capacity, condensation control and increase your containers wind and watertight properties.
We can supply large quantities of 40ft shipping containers for self‐storage sites nationwide.Get a Quote
Why Buy One of Our 40ft Shipping Containers For Sale?
- We are based in the West Midlands, with depots available nationwide.
- All new 40ft shipping containers are supplied with a valid CSC plate. This means they are valid for shipping for up to 5 years.*
- Constructed to the standards set by the International Standards Organisation (ISO) of size, strength and durability.
- The largest standard shipping container available, weatherproof, wind and watertight, and highly secure.
*Please note that second‐hand containers may require inspection and re‐certification to renew the CSC plate for shipping.
40ft Shipping Containers For Conversion
- Our 40ft Containers can be adapted and converted for various applications.
- Our in‐house Conversions Team can design and modify 40ft containers into; industrial enclosures, refrigerated containers, insulated containers, modular buildings, office containers, exhibition displays, container housing, changing rooms and more.
- We also offer a large range of container accessories such as lockboxes, shelving systems and container padlocks to ensure that your storage and shipping containers are safe and secure at all times.
- Find out more about our container conversions and container painting ‐ including our 3D CAD service.
- Welded all‐steel construction except for the floors which are made of load‐bearing 30mm marine‐plywood over steel floor bearers.
- Two weather‐sealed steel doors at one end.
- Freestanding, self‐contained units.
- Lifting points at each corner.
|Floor Area||305sqft (28.33m²)|
|Cubic Capacity||2360 cu ft (66.83m³)|
|Weight||4 tons (4.06 tonnes)|
|Height||8ft 6ins (2.59m)|
|Length||39ft 4ins (12.00m)|
|Width||7ft 7ins (2.33m)|
|Height||7ft 9ins (2.35m)|
Chris – Review#8924591
client required a shipping container for the temporary storage of hand sanitisers ready for distribution.I found S Jones containers online ,contacted them by email and received a fast reply. Container was delivered in 1 week and hire costs after delivery a very low. Highly recommended .Chris – 30th Jun 2020
Mike – Review#8865649
Very cheap prices and a very good reliable service would recommend and use againMike – 23rd Jun 2020
Robert – Review#8861120
I have ordered eight once used 20ft containers from Charlotte since the 18th may to the 12th june, it was so easy to place the orders and send bacs payment the delivery was so so efficient they were here about 2 days after each order very good customer relations. The price was right the goods were excellent and Charlotte was BRILLIANT well done to Jones Containers,Robert – 23rd Jun 2020
Join 10,000+ Happy Customers
Join the thousands of satisfied customers who choose S Jones for our high quality containers and leading customer service.Get Your Quote