If there’s one thing that you can be sure of in the world of shipping containers, it’s the fact that you never get bored if you are a designer at SJ Containers. There are always new challenges that are presenting themselves in terms of design, requiring thinking outside the box, high levels of technical knowledge, and a great deal of creativity.
Our designers here at SJ Containers have designed everything from custom-built plant rooms for water treatment systems, to modular homes, to state-of-the-art lithium battery storage facilities, to stunning container restaurants.
Converting Shipping Containers
The main task our designers have is to help to bring the dreams of our customers to life. They are professionals in the world of design with the technical know-how to create an effective and attractive end-product that keeps our customers happy and many of them coming back to us time and again.
The process of converting a shipping container is a simple one. If you are thinking about getting a shipping container to customise, you can come and have a chat with our design team who will be able to explain your options to you and help you to come up with the final blueprint.
Our fabrication team will then bring the design to life at our own facilities. You will be kept updated throughout the fabrication process and visits to our site can be arranged so that you can see its progress.
Remember – if you have a less conventional need for a converted shipping container, our designers enjoy a challenge! Why not run it by them and see if they can help?
Ingenuity, Engineering, and Excellence
To be able to help our customers to design their perfect converted shipping container our designers need to have a combination of ingenuity and creativity, the technical skills of an engineer, and attention to detail unlike no other.
Some of the challenges that they have overcome include:
- Ensuring that shipping containers are converted in the most sustainable, eco-friendly, yet efficient manner possible
- Fitting with materials that meet food hygiene requirements
- Adding beer lines
- Incorporating awnings
- Making use of cantilever design
- Adding HVAC systems
- Protecting converted containers from fire, meeting health and safety requirements
- Temperature control (heating and cooling) systems for equipment
- Overcoming height and space restrictions
- External panelling
- Incorporating state of the art technology
- Bespoke floor layouts
- Structural modifications
Our design team also have several standard accessories available to them, including:
- The addition of windows and hatches
- Fitting electrical packages
- Installing insulating lining
- Professional painting and vinyl wraps
- Adding ramps for easy access
- Adding secure locking systems
- Installing built-in racking
- A range of different sizes as standard – 10ft x 8ft x 8ft 6in, 10ft x 8ft x 9ft 6in, 20ft x 8ft x 8ft 6in, 20ft x 8ft x 9ft 6in, 40ft x 8ft x 8ft 6in and 40ft x 8ft x 9ft 6in
- The ability to join a number of shipping containers together
Here at SJ Containers, our designers’ best friend is our design technology. The computer-aided design technology that we use allows our design team to create the perfect plan, giving them and our customers accurate 3D models of their shipping container composition.
Another huge benefit to this technology is that it allows several people to work on the design at the same time, ensuring that all those with the expertise are involved when they need to be as well as speeding up the process.
Our genius designers thrive on coming up with unique solutions to any of your design requirements, using their skill and ingenuity. No two days are the same and no challenge is too big!