There are always going to be times in our lives when we need to find some extra storage space. It might be that you are looking to declutter your home when you put it on the market, or maybe you have a child going off to university, or perhaps you have a gap between moving out of your old home and into a new one.
Finding somewhere safe and secure to store your belongings isn’t always easy, purchasing a shipping container could be just the answer.
Shipping containers were invented to be able to store and transport their contents properly, withstanding weather extremes and unwelcoming terrain, meaning that they are the perfect solution to your needs.
Effective Shipping Container Storage
When you are looking for a new way to store your belongings, you have several decisions to make.
Do you want to get a used container, or would you prefer to use a ‘new’ one, or one that has only been used once?
You should then decide on the size that you will need. We recommend that you get the smallest that allows you to store your belongings properly. This will not only be the most cost-effective but also space effective, and your belongings will be less likely to move around. There are three sizes available – 10ft, 20ft, and 40ft, as well as higher versions for a little extra space.
There are a number of accessories that can be added to your before you even have it delivered that can make storage easier, more effective and more organised. For example, you could consider fitting racking or a container ramp. You could also consider putting in lighting and electricity to make it easier to find things.
Reasons to Use Shipping Containers for Storage
There are times in our lives when we know that we are going to need extra storage space, but sometimes we don’t even perceive that we could use some extra space. This might include:
- If you don’t have the time or means to do a hobby with lots of equipment but don’t want to throw away or sell it
- When children go to university or move out without taking all of their belongings
- If you hold seasonal events and have paraphernalia to go with it that isn’t used any other time
- If you are clearing out an estate after someone has died
- If you are looking to rent out your home whilst you are away long-term
- If you are moving house and there is a gap between moving out and moving in dates
- If you have downsized your home and need to buy some time before sorting out your belongings
They can also be extremely useful for the storage of business items. You might want to think about having a one on site for:
- Archiving old documents and files that cannot be thrown away
- Storing equipment and appliances that are not being used
- Storing machinery when it isn’t being used
- Storing parts and materials
- Holding of stock
- Storing overflow furniture like chairs and desks
For most people, having enough space is a challenge. Let’s face it, if there’s somewhere to store something, it can usually be filled! By having some extra space in your home or business premises, you can make it more organised, less cluttered and easier to find things, and this is the perfect option.