Regardless of whether you have a temporary building site or a permanent base that you are looking to expand, a control or operations room can be the beating heart of many sites. It can be the place where everything is controlled from, visitors report to and staff look to for direction.
There are many benefits to converting a shipping container into a control room on site. For some, one of the main benefits are that it can be fully manufactured before it is delivered to the location, and then moved around if you have different needs or as progress is made in construction.
By using a converted shipping container as a control room, you are also supporting the environment by recycling and reducing the amount of waste that we are creating.
Container Control Rooms
The best way to ensure that you are getting the perfect control room is to use computer-aided design – or CAD technology – to design it with the aid of a design team. This means that you will be able to get an accurate vision of how it will look and how it will work before it is actually made.
There are also some more generic converted modular offices available if you don’t need a bespoke one.
Shipping Container Conversion Kit Accessories
Essentially, our units are metal boxes. Several additional container accessories can be added that will improve it and turn it into an effective control room. These can include:
- Lighting and electricity – to be able to see properly as well as give you energy for appliances such as kettles, computers and printers, for example
- Personnel doors for easy access for members of staff and visitors
- Windows to allow for extra natural light, as well as hatches to speak to visitors without the need for them to come into the office
- Ramps for easy wheelchair access
- Insulating wall linings to keep the control room warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Shelving that can be added during the manufacturing process or for self-assembly
- Connection to the water supply for toilets and sinks
- Professional painting to ensure that you control room matches the branding of your business
Where to Put your Control Room
Of course, it is important that your control room is placed in the best location for you. However, you must also ensure that it is put on a solid base. Most people like to use concrete paving slabs or railway sleepers for this.
You should also bear in mind that your modular control room will be delivered ready-made, on a truck, so this will need to have access to the area as well.
If you are looking for a temporary or semi-permanent control room that can be moved if need be and is great for the environment, then look no further than a converted unit from S Jones. This, teamed with the additional accessories that can be added, means that it can be your ideal solution.