Container Kitchens: Features and Dimensions
A converted shipping container can be customised to fit your exact needs – designed, built, decorated and branded to suit your business. Fitted with everything that you need for a professional catering company, container kitchens are easy to move and set up at your desired location.
Kitchen Container Features
Our container kitchens are designed to be used as professional kitchens. Create your ideal design by adapting and converting your shipping container with custom features and accessories:
- Electricity for appliances: Such as ovens, fridges, freezers, and mixers
- Lighting: For food preparation and service
- Water connectivity: For sinks and dishwashers
- Sanitary facilities: Such as toilets and sinks
- Hygienic surfaces and ventilation: Worktops, flooring, and air vents that comply with health and safety regulations
- Windows and hatches: For natural light and service
- Secure doors: For ease of staff access
- Insulation and lining: Comfortable for staff during all seasons and temperatures
- Storage: Shelving and racking for food and materials
Kitchen Container Dimensions
Our shipping container kitchen conversions are available in a variety of sizes, including:
We’re here to help you design and build a kitchen container that fits your exact needs. Ready to discuss your project? Reach out to our container conversion experts for more info.
Hi from ordering the container to its delivery it was all carried out extremely professionally and Claire was a pleasure to deal with. Andrew
Great service from first contact to delivery, Elisha answered all my queries by email promptly so we had clear knowledge of the product. Delivery driver called an hour before just as they said he would, then positioned it perfectly for us. 10/10. Will be using again.
Excellent customer service from quotation through to delivery.
Buying A Kitchen Container from S Jones
Our expert team has been supporting businesses across the UK for 40+ years with container conversion projects. With S Jones, you can expect:
- UK-wide delivery: Reliable shipping and container assembly across the country
- Competitive pricing: Transparent quotes and pricing to fit your budget and needs
- Depots across the country: We’re set up to provide great service for customers across the UK
- Recommended by 98% of customers: Don’t just take our word for it – our customers trust us to deliver on their container needs
Kitchen Container FAQs
What is a shipping container kitchen?
A shipping container kitchen is a professionally equipped kitchen that has been set up inside a converted shipping container. The container is modified with electricity, plumbing, and storage facilities so that it can host typical kitchen appliances, such as an oven, fridge, and sink.
As well as operating as a fully functioning catering space, shipping container kitchens can be moved to different locations, such as festivals, fairgrounds, or private events. This makes them a great option for those who are setting up a mobile catering business.
How much does a kitchen container cost?
The price of converting a shipping container into a portable kitchen unit depends on several factors. These can include:
- Whether you are looking to convert a new or a second-hand shipping container
- The number of shipping containers that you want to convert
- The size of shipping container that you want to convert – we offer 10ft, 20ft, and 40ft standard height and high cube containers (all 8ft wide), as well as custom options
- The additional features that you require – including, windows and doors, insulation, professional painting, the fitting of electricity, sanitary units and running water, access container ramps, and shelving
Get in touch with our team for a quote on your kitchen container conversion project.
What are the benefits of a mobile shipping container kitchen?
There are many reasons why converting a shipping container into a portable kitchen is a great way to support your catering business:
- Cost-effective: Cheaper than converting a space to build a stationary kitchen
- Portable: Able to move it in its entirety between different locations
- Accessible: Ensure that visitors or staff have a comfortable, effective, hygienic, and convenient place to purchase meals
- Great option for businesses: Ideal for businesses who move location or need a temporary measure whilst permanent canteens are being built
How can I customise a kitchen container?
Our range of shipping containers can be used singularly or joined together either on top of each other or side-by-side to create a bigger space for your mobile canteen. You can add windows and doors, lighting and electricity, toilets, ramps for easier wheelchair access, and anything else that you might need.
Our design team is ready and waiting to discuss your ideas and help you to bring them to life, giving diners the perfect environment to relax and enjoy their food. Get in touch to learn more.