There are many ways that creative people are using shipping containers in today’s society. The fact that they can reduce waste by being given another life after their use for transporting goods across the world, whilst being easily joined together and customised to create a new space has meant that ‘shipping container buildings’ have been rising in popularity.
One ingenious way that converted shipping containers are being used is by creating temporary kiosks, such as cafes and bars. A converted kiosk is perfect for a number of reasons, including:
- It can be moved to different locations, making it an excellent option for festivals and events, as well as being used as a semi-permanent unit
- It can be customised to include kitchens with running water, hatches, and electricity
- It can incorporate an indoor and outdoor space
- It can be designed and painted to match your branding
- It can be made weatherproof, protecting its contents from the wind, rain, and extreme temperatures
- It can be locked securely when not in use
- There are a range of sizes
Designing your Branded Shipping Kiosk
If you are considering creating a kiosk for your business, the process is simple. You have several options to think about, but our professional design team can help you to understand what is and isn’t possible and help you to visualise your finished kiosk.
Our Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology can be used to plan your kiosk and give you a 3D visualisation of the final product, enabling you to get the converted kiosk that you have been dreaming of.
The design process would require you to have an idea of what you are after, then you would sit down with the design team who will help you to understand what is and isn’t possible. You would then start to create a design.
The next step in the process is to create a final design with all of the details included, which will then be passed onto the manufacturing team who will make your ideas come to life. Most of the customisation will be done during this process and the final product will be delivered to the site and ready to go almost straight away.
Customisation Options for your Kiosk
There are several ways that you can turn a conventional shipping container into a unique and branded kiosk. Some of these include:
- Choosing where to put hatches, windows, and doors for the best effect and allowing you to serve customers or visitors effectively
- Adding electricity, lighting, and water to your kiosk
- Interior design, professional painting or vinyl wraps to incorporate your branding and unique identity
- Shelving for easy storage and displays
- Ramps for easy loading and unloading, as well as wheelchair access
The price of renting or buying land is astronomical in many parts of the UK at the moment, and this is forcing creative and entrepreneurial people to come up with new ways of doing their work. Designing a converted kiosk is an excellent solution due to the fact that it can easily be moved around, is secure, gives you many of the benefits of a bricks and mortar building, and can be decorated almost entirely to your individual spec.